View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 07:31 PM   #53
Zeke
Self-Righteous Injun

Items Treasure ChestPresentTreasure ChestPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by muskrat_skull View Post
I am sorry to see you go, I can only say wth are we doing to each other? I really don't want to talk about this but feel i must. I understand as I face the end of my life, it is a time to get things done and see that things get passed along as they can and the next generation of family is taken care of. Not doing this in the past has destroyed our family.
No. It's changed your family. That's NOT "destroyed."

Quote:
This preparation is not an Indian thing persay, but a family thing. It is not a "come to Jesus moment" but the realization that life is short, some people's time comes before others, and we all have things we wish and need to do. And some of us need healing and reconciliation and peace to extend our lives and give us strength so we can accomplish what we need or want to, and for others who look on and say, you are romanticizing things, you are way off base. Sometimes its because things were so messed up that we need to bring balance with good things and peacefulness. Everyone in the world comes to this point sometime.
And the answer is to STOP being romanticist and be real. Don't even lie to yourself. There's nothing harder, I assure you.

Quote:
So I can say, you go ahead and look on, Zeke, while the rest of us live life, and you can shout about things and judge, but if you had a life, maybe you wouldn't see things that way. You can be reckless with your strength. Your time will come though and you will understand then, and hopefully you will be treated with more compassion. And maybe it happens so often here because you make it happen and people just finally get sick of it and agree. Hardly winning. Man powwows used to be fun.
I assure you, I have a life and am responsible for everything that occurs in it. I do NOT hide the truth from myself, not anymore. Not even when I don't like it. ("Compassion" would have been someone helping me locate truth, sooner.)

The only thing I "make happen" is -- on a good day -- someone actually thinks about what they're saying, doing or believing. That folks may "get sick of that" shows their level of personal growth.

There are PLENTY of folks, here and elsewhere, who aren't bothered at all. Only those with preconceived and romanticist notions tend to ever have an issue...

"Reckless with my strength?" Great phrase but I've been there, before. In many ways, I'm as rigidly an analytical person as you're ever going to find. (Reckless? Hah!) Does that make me smart or anything? No more than the average human. All it really means is I am a disciplined thinker not tied to any particular ideology.

There are those who would presume it makes me non-Native in bearing.

Perhaps.

But, without making a comparison, I'll bet Pontiac, Tecumseh, Crazy Horse, Chief Joseph, Sitting Bull, etc., were all pretty aggressive and analytical for their day. (It's how they survived.)

Folks that romanticized a way of life that no longer worked? Well, they died.

Powwows can be fun. Don't pretend they're traditional or meaningful to our continued existence.
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook