View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 01:07 AM   #56
muskrat_skull
Senior Dancer

Items DollCatTreasure ChestDevil
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
muskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond repute
muskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
1. I'm sorry you're not feeling well.
2. You truly have a hard-on about alcohol.
3. Don't blame alcohol, address the abusers.
4. If they're no longer with us, let it go.

As for my "ancestors," I have plenty but it's not as if I need them to validate any points. (Do you? Seriously?) What they did, thought, wanted or believed 100+, or more, years ago isn't authoritative merely because it came from a different time. If you believe it is, that's just another example of romanticizing.

As for being "young and reckless," that would only be true if I bought that sort of crap.

I'm going to smoke a cigar and have a scotch... I do both at powwows.
I only brought this up because you questioned the destruction aspect. It was destructive for the individuals in my family, I'm not saying all Indians or anything like that. And for what it was, my alcoholic family was better than what I've dealt with from other alcoholics. They were almost functional, it just killed them quick.

I would get over my distaste of alcoholics if I didn't find them to be weak and miserable people while drinking, and if there weren't so many of them around, all the time where I live. everytime I try to "get over it" yep, up pops another one, just as charming as the last.

You brought up ancestors, not me. I'm just sayin' if you're talking about what went on back then, then lets see some of where you are getting your pov from. I just need a little more than I'm right to persuade me.

Enjoy your cigar and *cough syrup, uh* I mean scotch. and not a word about my health again. Its my finely honed meanness and constant denial that keeps me going.
muskrat_skull is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook