View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 01:21 PM   #205
GoggenGH
Pow Wow Visitor

Items ElephantPresentDevil
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
GoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond repute
GoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by comadre View Post
That is NOT what I meant Goggen.

I'm not so sure about the "considering oneself responsible" or standing by them because it's a "white man's problem." I'm not into pointing fingers or eating blame.I also can not see productivity coming from the us and them philosophy that seems to pervade this country. I'm just saying that if something is wrong then it's wrong. If a community hurts then the whole land and all it's inhabitants should be concerned.
So when you said this is not your business because you are white, it made me do a heads up and I thought, huh? What does your color (or lack thereof) have to do with anything? I watch too many non native people turn their heads on every issue that touches native community and it drives me bonkers to try to figure out WHY.
It's as if they see it as an us and them world.

Goggen if you were walking down the street and seen my children struggling and passed them by with no offer to help because you were "white" I'd think you strange indeed my friend.

I'm not suggesting we butt into native issues with our own solutions.On the contrary. Rather I think it's high time to ask the native community what we can do. And then do it.It will probably mean voting differently and standing with our native brothers and sisters as if their issues are our issues too.
Thanks for making it all more clear! I'm a little bit slow from time to time!!! lol

If I one day walk down your street, seeing a child struggle, I would do my best helping, without comparing skincolor or anything.
I would help that child as she/he was MY child!!!!
And I would do the same for a person having drunk to much, if my help was accepted.

Happiness does not come from happiness itself, but from the journey towards achieving it.
You can never be happy at the expense of the happiness of others.
GoggenGH is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook