View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 03:38 PM   #6
reocurringdream
Tiny Tot Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
reocurringdream has a reputation beyond reputereocurringdream has a reputation beyond reputereocurringdream has a reputation beyond reputereocurringdream has a reputation beyond reputereocurringdream has a reputation beyond reputereocurringdream has a reputation beyond reputereocurringdream has a reputation beyond reputereocurringdream has a reputation beyond reputereocurringdream has a reputation beyond reputereocurringdream has a reputation beyond reputereocurringdream has a reputation beyond reputereocurringdream has a reputation beyond reputereocurringdream has a reputation beyond reputereocurringdream has a reputation beyond reputereocurringdream has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by muskrat_skull View Post
The ad posing as a photo shoot if taken at face value, even if a Native American posed for it instead of a white person trying to look native in some weird way, makes light of the horrible events of ndn removal and genocide, as if ndn removal was just an act of nature, like a tornado, and people just got moved to a strange and wonderful place, were educated and strengthened by the journey, which was in fact just a dream, and their real lives began more enriched.

Worse, it looks like gloating.
This is the same thought I had. That it makes light of atrocities and gloats about it. It attempts to re-present the atrocities like some adventurous hunting story you tell your buddies, and here's your very own trophy pic to mount on your wall. Even still the picture is not you, just a mockery of you. Your nothing but an idea, a story; a subject.

The real trophy being they get to control and colorize the memory in their own way. Them as the all-powerful and glorified, and you the lost minions. The bottom line for me is that nDn, your thoughts don't matter, whether you take it as racist or not, whether you like it or not. They'll do what they want with you, your image, history, and soul. And they'll make money off of you and boost their ego while they're at it.

I don't think anyone buying into this will approach the atrocities with any kind of understanding, rather it gives permission to feel ownership over you. Its not relating nDn as human beings but as a subject of their whim. Anyways, you're busy looking for home, remember? "kekeke", says the wicked witch of the west.
When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it—always.
reocurringdream is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook