View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 04:06 PM   #3
LeannB
LeannB

Items DollDollCat
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
LeannB has a reputation beyond repute
LeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
snip, from the OP....
Quote:
Can you grasp what I am trying to say here? Our children have been discriminated against, but let me add this: my wife has been discriminated against. We, as citizens of the Waganakising Odawa Nation, use to practice a tradition that when someone outside of our tribe married a tribal citizen, they became tribal citizens and were treated as such. My wife, who has cooked my meals, treated my injuries, nursed me when I was sick, kept our home and washed my dirty clothes is also the mother of my children, but yet has no status with my tribe.
Our tribe allows spouses into the tribe. The two have become ONE. Now, if divorce happens, then the person is out of the tribe. But their children are still tribals.

From the OP, again:

Quote:
For every one of blood who has come up to me and apologized saying you do not think you have enough blood to be called an Indian, I say to you, you are who you were born to be. You can only know this through a relationship with the Creator and voiding all of the foreign invasion into your psyche. Before your own Master you stand or fall and not before any man or court. They might can take our lives if the Creator allows it, but they cannot kill our spirits or our dream, so dream big and allow yourself to be who you are. A card issued by some tribal government under the authorization and approval of the BIA does not quantify or validate who you are.
Like has been said here before, a card does not make you an Indian. BUT...not having a card doesn't mean you AREN'T an Indian.

Muskrat, snip:

Quote:
Ideally I think all nations should be sovereign and make their own decisions who is part by blood and by their own rules and the US government should just eat it and pay the bills, because that is what they agreed to. And it was what was promised from the beginning.
YUP. The old treaties promised, "as long as our seed will run and our blood will flow."