Thread: Warriors
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 03:35 PM   #8
yaahl
Sg̱aaga g̱uu hla.

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang View Post
Couldn't watch the second video without laughing. Here we go with more romanticism of native "history" and culture.

The creator of the second video states that her "short film is an interpretation of the strong links between the Native, the buffalo, and the Great Spirit, and a young warrior's yearning for the return of times past" and naturally, this is how a lot (if not most) outsiders see us. These days, it just makes me chuckle. Don't think I know a single native, warrior or otherwise, who looks like this.

If I had any camera presence whatsoever, I'd make a video called the "Life and Times of an Ndn Economist", just to balance out all the mystic clutter that seems to spew from people's orifices the second the hear the term 'native american'. Mind you, that video would probably involve 5 hours of footage of me staring at spreadsheets, cursing and showing coworkers pictures of my cats.

I'll watch it only if you promise to include a power point on the demand, supply and elasticity. ;)
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. Robert A. Heinlein

I can see the wheel turning but the Hamster appears to be dead.
yaahl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook