Thread: food stamps
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 02:03 PM   #6
LeannB
LeannB

Items DollDollCat
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
LeannB has a reputation beyond repute
LeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by running_with_buffs View Post
what do you all think about some states wanting to put manditory drug tests for people who apply for assistance...i think good and bad things about it.its hard decision to make,the only thing i worry about is these people who are doing drugs and have children those kids are gonna get cut off too and have nothing to eat. and part of me says that some of these people will just sell all of there food stamps and buy drugs anyways...i dont know just looking for some thoughts
We've muddled with this question ourselves! The young woman in our tribe (the bio mom of our now adopted son) and her boyfriend spent their food stamps on drugs, etc. Or they bought a buncha steaks and tried to sell them for cash to their neighbors. Her baby's WIC formula was sold for cig money; when we were handed the child, there was only very rarely formula to feed him. We had to buy some and keep it at our house for him, making sure he went back to that place with at least a few day's worth.....but NOT an unopened can. THAT would be sold.

ON THE OTHER HAND...we have other single parents who use the program in the way that it was ment to be used, and do well with it.

It's a hard question....but I do wonder if the druggie parents are really feeding their kids, anyway? Our son was underweight for a long time, and I'm not sure he'll ever get as big as his siblings, who were taken away from the Mom much earlier than he was. But he's bright and healthy and a HUGE blessing!