Thread: Prayer
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 07:52 PM   #44
NancyJo
Cloth Dancer

Items Dolphin
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
NancyJo has a reputation beyond repute
NancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by milehighsalute View Post
i know this is old....but if gaia is still here may i suggest the stupid spring bear twinkie powwow? lots of people there gettin all spiritual n stuff............i have a feeling that powwwow would be more to your liking
Well, there are certainly a lot more wannabe pow wows popping up......and a lot more folks trying to tell Indian folks how its supposed to be. I used to be more passionate about
trying to educate when I had the chance.. but I guess my getting older has tired me out some. For everyone you talk to to educate....there seems to be three more that have no idea about our culture come up and feel the need to tell us how we should do things. I don't want to say I've given up....no. I've just become overwhelmed with their ignorance.....I figure maybe this is one of those lessons they have ro learn for them selves. Go to pow wows and make them selves look foolish and maybe they will learn that my silence is my wisdom of age. LOL. I've seen their type more than I care to count. My thought has come down to this....these folks that feel the need to educate Indian people on their culture are either going to lose intrest when they realize no one is interested in their advice and they'll go away.....or they will start listenning with sincere intrest and become good friends to see at our pow wows. Well, thats my ideas for now....as I get older my thoughts might change somewhat....maybe not. And I hope these folks, too as they get older learn that sometimes listenning is the best way to really learn. I am christian and Indian and I always feel proud that our people still include our Father Creator in our pow wows. For me the pow wows is being with my family, seeing good friends, celebrating who we are, dancing.....not some kind of funny"spiritual" feeling. And I thank my Father Creator for that gift.
NancyJo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook