Thread: Prayer
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 04:03 AM   #45
reocurringdream
Tiny Tot Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
reocurringdream has a reputation beyond reputereocurringdream has a reputation beyond reputereocurringdream has a reputation beyond reputereocurringdream has a reputation beyond reputereocurringdream has a reputation beyond reputereocurringdream has a reputation beyond reputereocurringdream has a reputation beyond reputereocurringdream has a reputation beyond reputereocurringdream has a reputation beyond reputereocurringdream has a reputation beyond reputereocurringdream has a reputation beyond reputereocurringdream has a reputation beyond reputereocurringdream has a reputation beyond reputereocurringdream has a reputation beyond reputereocurringdream has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyJo View Post
Well, there are certainly a lot more wannabe pow wows popping up......and a lot more folks trying to tell Indian folks how its supposed to be. I used to be more passionate about
trying to educate when I had the chance.. but I guess my getting older has tired me out some. For everyone you talk to to educate....there seems to be three more that have no idea about our culture come up and feel the need to tell us how we should do things. I don't want to say I've given up....no. I've just become overwhelmed with their ignorance.....I figure maybe this is one of those lessons they have ro learn for them selves.
Television becomes the educator by volume. Its good you tried when you did, but unfortunately, knowledge becomes a numbers game. Ppl these days do what's familiar and call it knowledge. Whoever puts it on tv becomes the educator because we are conditioned into being sheeps. Tv stations are expensive. Digital helps level the playing field alittle and internet helps, but the educator who takes the time and energy teaching one by one eventually gets trampled by the sheep army. We're so atomized we search channel by channel and ppl are just pit-stops until they lose our attention. In other words, its not your fault you cared and grew tired of it, the forces of ignorance are great these days. Attention better spent on your brothers and sisters, family and friends.
When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it—always.
reocurringdream is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook