View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 03:15 PM   #262
rezrazed
Banned

Items Tree
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
rezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond repute
rezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
So you're quantifying the morality of something based upon the population base of where it is legally available?

Somehow, that seems an inefficient mode of thought and the idea that anyone is being scammed here is the same sort of uber-victimization thinking that keeps many Rez Natives as virtual second class citizens in third world countries.

We're discussing a legal product produced by a vendor, purchased legally by a patron, then transported illegally by a trafficker and used irresponsibly by the consumer. (Note how the definitions change? That's due to the consumer.) Nothing bad has occurred here until the PURCHASER acts with slimy intent.

That's WAY different than generating an illegal pyramid scheme then pressuring little old ladies to invest their life savings with slimy and malicious intent to defraud them of their funds. That's evil from jump and the fault of the vendor.

It's NOT the same.

Again I see your point of view, but "Legal", doesn't necessarily = moral or even right.

I see it as the same in this sense:

taking advantage/scamming of an elders who's metal faculties aren't as they used to be, to profit looks exactly the same to me as planting 4 liquor stores in a map dot of population 14 1 mile from reservation lands to sell liquor to a population known to have a drinking problem, all to gain profit. Legal or not, my opinion is it is morally, ethically and spiritually WRONG!

Agree or not. My opinion.
rezrazed is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook