View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 11:24 PM   #341
docat
Pronounced like "docket"

Items Rainbow$CakeTreasure Chest
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
docat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond repute
docat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolbox View Post
Theres nothing like traveling the country by rail. You get to see the inner beauty of the country which is something that you can't see by plane. Also there is a certain calming effect created by the low rumble and clacking of steel wheels rolling over polished steel rail.

I think @Zeke should reign in your romanticism!

Yeah, I bought that "inner beauty" line from the travel agent for AMTrak. I saw junkyards, metal recycling plants, county and city dumps...traveled in a tiny place where you eat next to your toilet...and the beds fold down and you get a scratchy blanket.

Yeah, it was better than going coach, but this was the stupidest way to go. It wasn't pretty and it was loaded with stops and starts and it was BORING. I hated every second of it.

Couldn't sleep either because of all the stops and starts. It was horrendous and NOT CHEAP either.

You would have to tie me down to travel that way again. NEVER again.
docat is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook