View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 07:50 PM   #30
Joe's Dad
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
OKay, I'm gonna get in trouble. Here goes.

Spirit...

Has it ever occurred to you maybe it's your anglo pushiness and determination to be accepted into the Native world...that gets you pushed away?

Those anglos that are accepted, are welcomed because of their calm ways who only accept and not demand. Joe Liles comes to mind. Worked putting on a powwow at the School of Science and Math in North Carolina. Worked his butt off, and humbly accepted all the appreciation given to him. Never once did I hear him say he was NDN at heart and didn't belong to his own kind, yet he was accepted into the Native community with respectful arms. Heck, you could say Joe is a true NDN in a white man's body.

I'm sure many on here can repeat this story. We all know many Joe Liles.

I was once told by a preacher, "Black is not a color, but an attitude...and James, I have reason to believe you are black". Did it mean I was Black at heart? No. Did it mean I wanted to be accepted by the black community? No. It meant my way of thinking was like that of a 'Black man'. I always thought my way of thinking was because of my upbringing. Not what I perceived as to what I wanted.

True Indian? I'm not sure you can describe a 'true Indian'. First Nations say they are true Indians, Plains Indians say they are 'true indians, Tarahumra, Yaqui and Huichol say they are 'true Indian. The Aztecs, Mayans, the Ona, the Puelche, the Tuyuca and Totora Indians of Central and South America say they are true Indians.

Are we to argue with them as being True Indians. Never.

Will we dispute anglos who more 'feels comfortable' with the Indigenous People than they do with their 'own' kind? Always.

You see. Those same people have given themselves the acceptance to be something they are not.

We've seen that all our lives.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook