View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 08:48 AM   #2
Joe's Dad
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by RozZy View Post
This got double posted into the introductions. Please delete that one.

My name is Rostam and I'm a film student at UCLA and I've started to write the script for my thesis film.
I got interested in the native culture when I went to visit a Powwow in Irvine, I just fell in love with the people. I'm a Persian that grew up in Sweden and my culture is a bit mixed but I'm always open to new ones.
There's no warmer and loving people in the world than the Native Americans.

I need some help to understand more detailed parts of the Lakota culture.

I want it to be culturally correct and I want to show how beautiful it is.

My story is about two native brothers, Wahkan and Mankato. It's set in the 1800's. Wahkan is the older brother.
They find the Wahkan's wife raped and murdered by a lake. There's evidence that a white man has done this because of the clues left behind.
Wahkan is mourning, but he can't live knowing his pregnant wife has died. Two days later, Wahkan is denying what happened, but Mankato needs him to get over his wife and to remember the truth. He takes him back to the lake and Wahkan remembers. He tells Mankato to leave him alone for a while.
Wahkan wraps a rock to his arms and drowns himself in the lake.
A couple of days later, Shilah has to do the vision quest. Having no family left he needs to be able to start his own again.

Heís in the woods, praying and fasting by a fire, the fire all of a sudden extinguishes and he sees a vision of Wahkan crying by his wifeís dead body and also the silhouette of the man who killed her in the woods.

After the vision ends the fire comes back, but thereís something closing in from the woods. Itís a white boy named Christopher thatís gotten lost in the woods. Mankato makes him leave to continue his prayer.

The morning after Mankato finds Christopher lying on the ground freezing. He takes out a blanket and puts it over him and leaves.
He walks by a river, and on the other side he can see Christopher filling up his water pouch. Mankato tries to avoid meeting him but Christopher approaches anyway. Christopher is gives back the blanket to Mankato
Mankato is praying by the fire, he receives the same vision again, but in this vision heís approaching the silhouette and he can see who it is. The man is Wahkan dressed as a white man. Heís covering his bloody arm; Christopher approaches Ahki from the dark again and interrupts his vision. This time, Mankato lets him spend the night by the fire, but that doesnít give Christopher any sleep because of Mankatoís prayers.

As the story progresses he starts accepting Christopher and they start liking each other. Mankato decides to help him find his way back.
With Mankatoís help they find Christopherís home. At the cabin Christopher jumps in to his brother James arms.

Mankato is looking from a distance and sees a bandage on James arm. Later that night while they are sleeping, he approaches the house and enters. He sees the same type of Brandy he found at his brothers wifeís body and it is clear that James murdered her.

Heís says a prayer and when heís about to stab him he receives a vision, seeing himself as Christopher without his brother and the future of Christopher dying poor and alone. When the vision ends and Wahkan is standing in the room with them. He canít kill James, Wahkan tells him that heís better to let someone suffer from the scar of knowing what he did.

Christopher wakes up and sees Mankato with a knife, ready to stab his brother. Mankato puts down the knife and is about to leave when James picks up his gun underneath the bed and aims it towards Mankato. The candles cabin extinguishes. You can hear Mankatoís footsteps and a stab that makes James scream. Mankato has stabbed him in the hand. He says that he's leaving him a scar in his hand that will remind of him.

3 months later, Mankato goes back to check up on the Cabin. But instead of it only being one cabin, thereís now a whole village of white people.

I'd love to hear about any ideas you might have about changes!
You came up with all this stereotypical bull s h i t after visiting ONE powwow in Irvine???????? Wow.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook