View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 09:12 PM   #9
Doll
Tiny Tot Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Doll has a reputation beyond reputeDoll has a reputation beyond reputeDoll has a reputation beyond reputeDoll has a reputation beyond reputeDoll has a reputation beyond reputeDoll has a reputation beyond reputeDoll has a reputation beyond reputeDoll has a reputation beyond reputeDoll has a reputation beyond reputeDoll has a reputation beyond reputeDoll has a reputation beyond reputeDoll has a reputation beyond reputeDoll has a reputation beyond reputeDoll has a reputation beyond reputeDoll has a reputation beyond reputeDoll has a reputation beyond reputeDoll has a reputation beyond reputeDoll has a reputation beyond reputeDoll has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
In this town she will receive a good education no matter what school she attends, I'm not too worried about that. Hart is indeed a highly rated school but so are several of the others. There are plenty to choose from in the various neighbourhoods, I'm just upset that I even have to consider this as a factor at all. It sucks.

It also feels like I've been duped.. I thought this city, while rather predominantly caucasian, was rather non-racist to natives and other races in general, at least compared to other cities/towns I've lived in. I certainly haven't encountered anything but acceptance and interest in my culture, nothing negative at all. To see something like this makes me question that..

I'm sure fighting against it won't do much in the short term either. It's not likely to change before my daughter is in high school, but each time any issue gets brought up it works toward eventual change, I believe. You certainly don't get anywhere by twiddling your thumbs. I wouldn't go devoting my whole life to it but I'm certainly not going to do absolutely nothing, nor just send my kid along and let her deal with with that crap when we have plenty of other options. I want her to be able to participate in sports if she wants to without having to plaster her own body with a stereotype against her own culture and watch her peers regularly display that kind of disrespect, if I can avoid it (which in this case, I can). It's just very annoying to have to deal with that at all.

Last edited by Doll; 07-21-2013 at 10:12 PM..
Doll is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook