View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 07:39 PM   #1
Siobhanni
Siobhanni Inion Tuatha

Items Sword
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Siobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond repute
Siobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Is Navajo The Most Used American Indian Language?

Before I start, I wanted to say that I hope I have not offended anyone. As I am still learning as much as I can about your proud customs, history and ways. As I have said before I am hoping to visit a Powow next year if I can, and I would like to learn some basic greetings and everyday words of you're language. As I am a great believer in showing respect and being polite in the country/people and company of who I am visiting and speaking too. I feel it shows that I have at least taken time and effort to undertand and respect their language. Off course I will be no expert lol just some simple polite words and greetings etc. But I am confused, as there seems to be quite a few. But I have seen, and do not know if its true! that Navajo is widely used and understood all over? But the way I possibly see it is..depending on which area I visit the Powow, surely that should be the language I learn? As I would not want to say something like "Thank you or Goodbye in Navajo and the person finds it offensive. Also if anyone is able to reply to this question and help me as to what is best to learn, do you know if you can get this in a speaking tape recorded learning form, as learning to read it in a book is one thing , but pronouncing the right way is another lol. Thanks
Siobhanni is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook