View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 11:39 AM   #1
yaahl
Sg̱aaga g̱uu hla.

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Neat Stuff Happening In Canada - Food! Glorious Food!

It's that time of year again - the deer, moose, elk, caribou and bison are in their ruts and in a few short weeks it's going to be hunting season.

If I can quote milehighsalute in his thread on hornos, No native person in August- September should be hungry.

I've been out and picked blueberries and saskatoon berries and I'm starting to make jams and spreads for the winter.

I'm gathering up muskeg leaves to dry and make tea.

Of course the smoker is fired up and smoookkking fish and making jerky.

I have a kicker brine to use for smoking:

1/2 cup of Morton's curing salt
1 cup of dark demerra brown sugar
4-5 shakes of allspice
4-5 shakes of ground cloves
3-4 shakes of garlic powder
6-8 shakes of onion powder
6 cups of water

mix it up, place your meat in to soak overnight and start the smoking process the next day.... yum...

(this is for a hot smoke - I have a recipe for cold smoking so you can do cheeses and softer foods - like peaches.)
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. Robert A. Heinlein

I can see the wheel turning but the Hamster appears to be dead.
yaahl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook