View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 10:15 AM   #16
wyo_rose
Ready to dance

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Gotta love this season of plenty!!

You can also get the slaked lime to nixtamalize corn. I forget the chemical name of it.

In the movie, King Corn, where he stood in the field of ... field corn and said how it was unfit for human consumption, it really got me how he did not even mention that it would be fine once it was nixtamalized.

My plan is to go to the field store and buy a few bags of dried field corn, otherwise meant for livestock feed, and pack it up in 5 gallon buckets, with a little baggie of slaked lime to nixtamalize it when ready. It should keep for years.

Anyway, just another INGENIOUS INDIGENOUS solution. (OLC...solution...heeheehee...or would it be a suspension? )

I have ONE gallon of chokecherries in the freezer. That's all I have to show for my harvest season. Too late to even get a hunting tag. :(