View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 02:37 AM   #2
AmigoKumeyaay
On The Rocks

Items ElephantTreasure ChestPresentPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by granco145 View Post
Greetings! I am in need of information on how to construct the "boing boings" for the headwear of the male Grass Dancer. Sorry, I do not know any other name for them. They are the fluff feathers with piano wire that bounce with the dancer's movement. Thanks for any information!
Instrument wire, like piano wire or thick bass guitar string (.145ga used for the B in a 5 string bass), is great because it consists of a corrosion resistant wire wrapped around a solid core. Instrument wire is also designed to flex and bend a bit. Most are either brass or nickle coated and are fairly light.

I've heard of others using solid wire stock from hardware stores but unless it's coated they will corrode (rust) easily.

I like the idea of bike brake cable too - never thought of it before.
AmigoKumeyaay is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook