View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014, 12:10 PM   #919
gilisi
Pow Wow Committee

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
[QUOTE=wardancer;1594502]These are wood laminated?............ (duh , went back and re-read)
So , What kind of draw weight do they have ?^ I've been watching the "backyard bowyer" on youtube. He does some cool stuff with pvc ![/QUOTE]

The one with my friend in the pic is 60 pounds at 25 inches... I like mine heavy just for laughs. He had never drawn a bow before until he was at my house so I told him to try mine. I was surprised how far he was able to pull my 80 pounder, though it was probably 70 at his length, so I left his at 60 pounds. I like to make bows with no backing, known as 'self' bows. It takes more skill, and that's how they were made back in the day. It's not really viable for a sixty pounder with red oak from home depot though lol.

My sons is 30, with a lower notch to make it 35 at his length. 35 will take out a turkey, even a young boar if you hit it perfect with a sharp arrow.

You would have to be crazy to hunt wild pigs with a 35 pounder though lol.

I have heard about those PVC bows, but I haven't looked at em yet. Youtube is where I learned the style of the 80 pounder.
gilisi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook