View Single Post
Old 05-01-2014, 04:31 PM   #2
OLChemist
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
When I was a child, we lived for a time in a neighborhood which was comprised largely of Eastern European Jews. One day, I watched an older boy from my school guide his mutely wandering, half dressed mother out of the middle of the street. My mother told me: His mother had been 4 when the concentration camp where she was imprisoned was liberated. And sometime she had spells. I remember wondering if my Native grandfather had ever watched his father retrieve his survivor mother from a horror too big for words. It was one of the first emotional/empathic connection I made with my people's history.

Playing my holocaust is worse than yours is a fool's game. And what does the winner get -- some kind of horrifying bragging rights? Both our peoples have suffered from systematic efforts of varying intensity to eliminate our cultures and persons. Surely from that we can come up with some common ground for understanding one another.

I have heard some Native people say some pretty ignorant, Elders of Zion kind of stuff about Jews. I've heard some Jewish people say some stupid, Hollyweird stuff about Indians. Gee, more common ground -- both groups have idiots in their midst, LOL.
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook