View Single Post
Old 05-12-2014, 02:52 PM   #1
milehighsalute
Dances With Fat Chicks

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
milehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
milehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
just came back from stanford

being the 6th biggest i kinda expected it to be bigger......but i was not disappointed, i had alot of fun

well....maybe a little disappointed.....doesnt anyone take their hand drums camping anymore?.....no 49 at all whatsoever.....and it aint just in CA or CO, its been quite a few powwows i been to over last few years.....i guess i was listening to too much ronnie hudson "california knows how to party" on the old school station

met some nice people, only saw a few hobbiests.....i thought california would be full of those people

of course the aztecs had dance on saturday.....to me that stinks up powwows......in my opinion they are hobbiests too, only no one knows enough about neo-mexican culture and their pseudo-history they hide behind to call them out on it, besides i think most real ndn's look at the color of their skin and either give them the benefit of the doubt or give them a pass.......but its a good time to go buy a mutton sangwich or some frybread and visit the porta-potty...........the only 2 times i seen neo-"hollywood aztecs" in grand entry was in cali.....oh well the wannabe aztec chick with pink hair was nice to look at.....i did see some tall black guy dancing and was in some kind of fringey regalia i did not recognize..he was getting stopped by alot of college kids wanting to take his picture......and i didnt see ghostie there

buck wyld tore it up.....so did omaha white tail and iron horse........actually all the drums kicked booty.......well except that boring aztec drum during the exhibition

my nephew goes to stanford and is on the powwow committee there......so we hung out..and saturday morning i took some of my mom's ashes to pigeon point (i was born there when my dad was stationed in the coast guard)...visited the vendors....i even bought an official powwow shirt and i dont wear stuff like that very often

during sunday, mother's day a very nice round dance was played....actually very powerful considering i recently lost my mother, the participation was enormous.....making it the highlight of my weekend

all in all i will probably be back....if i gotta go visit my nephew it might as well be during pow-wow right?