View Single Post
Old 07-06-2014, 11:51 AM   #18
Joe's Dad
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativespirit1 View Post
Well First and foremost, my last name is Thibodeau, and my brother clicked like on my fundraiser. Tribes are encouraged to submit their goals now and throughout the fundraiser, there is not a specific time frame, it just so happens that the fundly website has a timer. Also, I am not using any voice other than my own. And not only Natives can help Natives, I am a Native Spouse and care deeply about the history and culture. I live in "Indian Country" and therefore it affects me.I have met with many Tribal Individuals who don't care about Natives as a whole, so there are people who support Tribes who are not Native. I am selling things on Ebay to help raise money on my own as well. I wish that many people here were more supportive instead of trying to paint this in every negative light. I am a good loving person, who wants to help people.
Many of us who have worked for Indian Tribes or Urban organizations have seen 'fundraisers' and how they operate. Always for a 'percentage' of the proceeds. Raising money on a 'local level' always ensures the money is going directly to to the local tribe. Finding 'grants' is a little more work, but the funding is guaranteed to go to the tribe.

On-line fundraising is where unseen people make money. You may have your heart in the right place, but it's not always the case about those with whom surround yourself.

Fundly charges fees based on the scale of the fundraiser. Individual campaigns are charged 4.9% of the funds collected, plus 3% credit card fees. Campaigns that reach certain donation levels receive discounts on the fee percentage that Fundly charges. Campaign donations raised from $50,001 to $500,000 are charged 4.4%, donations raised from $500,001 to $1,000,000 are charged 3.9% and every donation raised over $1,000,000 is charged 2.9% [4]

It should be mentioned Fundly got a 'safe' rating.

So you see, Mrs Thibodeau, not all the raised funds go to the tribes.

It should also be noted there is no negativity in this post.

This is me ---->

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook