View Single Post
Old 07-06-2014, 02:23 PM   #20
nativespirit1
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
nativespirit1 is off the scalenativespirit1 is off the scalenativespirit1 is off the scalenativespirit1 is off the scalenativespirit1 is off the scalenativespirit1 is off the scalenativespirit1 is off the scalenativespirit1 is off the scalenativespirit1 is off the scalenativespirit1 is off the scalenativespirit1 is off the scale
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLChemist View Post
Mr Thibodeau, could you explain why you think you can do a better job at this than the established Native charitable and philanthropic organizations? Organizations, which as 501c3 or the like, have to meet certain standards of record keeping and public disclosure.

Or perhaps, at least, why you don't want to work with an existing philanthropy?

Understand, raising money for the "poor benighted Indian" is a much abused cause. People within our communities are justifiable distrustful.
I was looking to do something on my own, instead of working for the vision of someone else. I have found that many organization's get something out of it, even a salary, I am not paying myself a salary. Governments, organization's, etc have had their share of corruption and selfishness, need not forget Tribal Member's steal from other Tribal Member's. I am trying to bring honesty, that is why I am trying to go solo. Also, someone commented that fundly charges fees, this is true, but the more money raised the less the fees will be. The idea is to have a minimum of 100,000 dollars to be for funding a Tribal Program/Project. I try to make it clear that as soon as Tribes get involved people will get more engaged, because the Programs will be available to see. I am waiting on Tribal Nation's to submit.
nativespirit1 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook