Thread: 'Siyo (Hi)
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 07:42 PM   #22
wardancer
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiah View Post
Non Government Enrolled is a meaningless term...

Here is Why, The three Federally Recognized tribes of the Cherokees all Self Determine who is a Citizen.
Not the Federal Government.
The Federal Government only Recognizes the Tribe, not who is a member of that tribe...

Even when the Rolls were formed those rolls were received from the Cherokees themselves and were used to determine by the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT who was RECOGNIZED by THE TRIBE to be a CITIZEN!
In the Case of the Cherokees in Oklahoma over 200,000 people applied for Land only 43,000 were granted allotment and over 5000 of that number (Fullbloods called Nighthawks) refused,protested and were still enrolled by the Dawes Commission!!
The Eastern Cherokees had several citizen rolls and use the Baker Roll and for that matter even refer to the Guion Miller Roll for Guidance...

But Josiah , it sounds so much more official when you say it that way. That's to impress those who don't know and are easily impressed by that sort of official "indianess"!

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
wardancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook