Thread: 'Siyo (Hi)
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2014, 09:10 AM   #35
OLChemist
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
At the risk of thread highjacking....

It's funny how our experience the plants and topography surrounding us shape our expectations. I grew up going back and forth between NW Nebraska and SW Pennsylvania. Some black eyed susans, flowering spurge and ironweed growing the along the ditch or fence line, or some jewel weed, may apples and a beech tree or two and my internal compass says I know where I am. I didn't have to have a clear line of sight.

When I was an ungrad my roommate (soon to be best friend), raised within 1/4 mile of the Pacific Ocean in the wilds of Palos Verdes, commented as we were driving TN 73 through the mountains, that she felt a little claustrophobic. There could be anything lurking out there in those trees. I laughed at her. I loved the area, it felt homey.

After a decade and a half away from the area, living in NM and TX, I was able to start going back east. I was traveling with my former roommate down TN 73 heading into Townsend. I had been oddly tense since leaving the interstate. I realized I was missing my clear light of sight.

Well that was a lame observation on human nature.
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook