View Single Post
Old 09-25-2014, 11:13 AM   #10
Gledanh Zhinga
Blacksmith

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Gledanh Zhinga has a reputation beyond repute
Gledanh Zhinga has a reputation beyond reputeGledanh Zhinga has a reputation beyond reputeGledanh Zhinga has a reputation beyond reputeGledanh Zhinga has a reputation beyond reputeGledanh Zhinga has a reputation beyond reputeGledanh Zhinga has a reputation beyond reputeGledanh Zhinga has a reputation beyond reputeGledanh Zhinga has a reputation beyond reputeGledanh Zhinga has a reputation beyond reputeGledanh Zhinga has a reputation beyond reputeGledanh Zhinga has a reputation beyond reputeGledanh Zhinga has a reputation beyond reputeGledanh Zhinga has a reputation beyond reputeGledanh Zhinga has a reputation beyond reputeGledanh Zhinga has a reputation beyond reputeGledanh Zhinga has a reputation beyond reputeGledanh Zhinga has a reputation beyond reputeGledanh Zhinga has a reputation beyond reputeGledanh Zhinga has a reputation beyond reputeGledanh Zhinga has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry Picker View Post
I think Josiah says it best.

Although, round here, dancing in place seems to be encouraged. I've always wondered about it.

It would be so good to get out west again. Just for help remembering "how things are/were." 20 years is a long time to be away. I find myself looking forward to the local boyscout southern protocol pws because they tend to be the least mixed up with their styles - comparatively. So, it helps me to remember. The old saying is true "if you don't use it, you lose it."

Gledanh Zhinga, I'd like you hear your thoughts on this.
Berry Picker wanted my take on it. In the Ponca way, at least, you don't stand up very much in the circle, let alone dance in place. Standing up is for prayer and preparing to exit the hethuska circle during the last song. Who Me has it correct in his response. In addition, the victory songs were traditionally a part of the scalp dance in many tribes, and this is a woman's dance.

Having said that, I've borne the flag at powwows, and in that role, I do dance in place.

Last edited by Gledanh Zhinga; 09-25-2014 at 11:38 AM.. Reason: adding on
Gledanh Zhinga is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook