View Single Post
Old 10-03-2014, 05:14 AM   #91
Joe's Dad
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by koyoteh View Post
if what you say is true about your son. then all you have to do is go ask him and them about what i say.

ask them about the teachers that were sent to the states to teach here.
ask them about what went right and what went wrong.

but i am sure you know.

i also know about these things. but i also rebel against the church. THe church forced took over the danzas. created a heirarchy and even kept the darker natives out. A lot of discrmintation existed in the church dance groups.
on the oppposite side of the table , a lot of danza remained in the villages because well that where they devleoped but also because they were not allowed into the larger dance circles.
but you would know that.
i have been quiet from these forums for years. yes i can keep quiet. but when i hear people speak lies, well, sometimes i got to say something.

or when i hear people mention a story with parts missing and i have one of the missing pieces, it becomes a responsibility to say something.

no its the churches teachings that tell the heathens to stay quiet.
i rebelled against those church ways. my group rebelled against those church ways.

and if what you say is true about your son being a part of the dance circles in mexico, it will not take you long to figure out which rebellious dance group i come from.
They will tell you. There is only one as far i know, us.

you talk about being allowed to dance at a cathedral? then you know about the mesas. YOu know the aztlan stories. yet you put it down and allow others to do the same.

you know that others besides your son were given permission to dance. you know how that works then.

you know that the people here were given permission to dance, yet do you defend them or help out when they make mistakes? maybe you help out, but i haven't seen you defend them yet. quite the opposite.
if what you say is true, then you do know about all the sub groups and branches.

you also would know of the different styles of danza and their different ideaologies and philosphies and how many of the old church groups have told the people up here not to defend thenmselves or stand up for their rights or make changes that will save them.

you will know about the warrior danza groups.
My mother comes from the area of the mountain of the blue rock. I dance eagle bustle not azteca. I knpw who I am and I knpw where I come from. Both sides. I personally don't think you can put natives from this continent and say they are all the same. Culturally linguistics, traditions...are all different. A true statement would be "we are all indigenous". To think you have the right to go into Grand Entry as a danzante is the same as thinking you can walk into a closed aztec group and start dancing. Oil and water don't mix.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook