View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014, 10:33 PM   #17
banglahopinese
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
banglahopinese has a reputation beyond reputebanglahopinese has a reputation beyond reputebanglahopinese has a reputation beyond reputebanglahopinese has a reputation beyond reputebanglahopinese has a reputation beyond reputebanglahopinese has a reputation beyond reputebanglahopinese has a reputation beyond reputebanglahopinese has a reputation beyond reputebanglahopinese has a reputation beyond reputebanglahopinese has a reputation beyond reputebanglahopinese has a reputation beyond reputebanglahopinese has a reputation beyond reputebanglahopinese has a reputation beyond reputebanglahopinese has a reputation beyond reputebanglahopinese has a reputation beyond reputebanglahopinese has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Talking about this subject makes me think of something I saw on Facebook the other day. Litefoot's youngest son Qwnuseia recently had a birthday. The child has light strawberry blonde hair and crystal blue eyes. He certainly does not look like what many would consider to be the traditional picture of an American Indian. I wonder if he will receive similar puzzled stares and scowls if he attends traditional events in the future. He looks like someone who, in a country like Sweden or Germany, would blend right in. Yet his parents are both American Indian, and some of Litefoot's lyrics in particular seem to have a less-than-favorable attitude towards white folks!

I guess the key is to be accepted by the community no matter what you look like. Lots of American Indians today have at least some caucasian or other admixture, so there can be a lot of variation in the way we look. I think I realize now that it's all about the way you act.
banglahopinese is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook