View Single Post
Old 11-04-2014, 07:16 AM   #9
Josiah
Powwow Dude

Items DevilUser Name Style ChangeUser Title Style Change
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaBear View Post
Little girls who watch Disney will typically know about the Disney version of Pocahontas... you know... the one who fell in love with John Smith, talked to a tree, and had a pet raccoon...?
Funny thing about that, Historically she was about 11 when they met
once...
So if Disney changes it up
its ok?
And now she is a made up character, saves a soldier who is invading her homeland and is friends with the forest and animals
Myth Myth and Myth
Yeah that can't hurt young Ndn girls looking for Historical Role Models...
I don't have a problem with Make believe Characters I grew up with them also!
Sad thing is, if I met one I have met a Thousand Pocahontas Descendants!
Funny about this, her tribe has changed to Cherokee by those that know nothing of her people that have faded into the myths of time. And that is the POWER of Disney.
Disney writers based their version on the accounts of John Smith written some 40 years after he left the New World and somewhat Embellished... LoL
And that is how History is written then Rewritten