View Single Post
Old 11-12-2014, 01:56 AM   #67
solitare
Champion Dancer

Items Tree
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
solitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond repute
solitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
[QUOTE=Joe's Dad;1611432]Is this the difference between 'spirituality' and 'religion'?[/QUOTE

Oh no! Now we need to define what is spirituality and what is religion! LOL.
Looking those terms up I discovered a wide array of definitions.
If we go by any of these definitions it looks like they both go together. Which I think makes perfect sense. As a CHRISTIAN though I do hold very specific beliefs and seek to pursue a specific relious practice but spirituality can not in any way divert from religious practice lest I run the risk of empty ritual.

Define Spirituality:

dictionary.search.yahoo.com
n. noun

The state, quality, or fact of being spiritual.

A religious belief or manner of pursuing a religious life.

The clergy.

Search results

Spirituality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirituality Cached
Definition . There is no single, widely-agreed definition of spirituality. Surveys of the definition of the term, as used in scholarly research, show a ...
Spirituality - Definition and More from the Free Merriam ...
Spirituality - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary Cached
Full Definition of SPIRITUALITY 1 : something that in ecclesiastical law belongs to the church or to a cleric as such 2 : clergy 3 : sensitivity or attachment to ...
Definition of Spirituality - Living Words of Wisdom
Definition of Spirituality Cached
The definition of spirituality is that which relates to or affects the human spirit.

Religious Definition

dictionary.search.yahoo.com
adj. adjective

Having or showing belief in and reverence for God or a deity.

Of, concerned with, or teaching religion.

a religious text.

Extremely scrupulous or conscientious.

religious devotion to duty.

n. noun

A member of a monastic order, especially a nun or monk.

Search results

Religious - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster ...
Religious - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary Cached
Full Definition of RELIGIOUS 1 : relating to or manifesting faithful devotion to an acknowledged ultimate reality or deity
solitare is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook