View Single Post
Old 11-13-2014, 12:05 PM   #77
xTekno
Standing Rock

Items PresentDevilElephant
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by wardancer View Post
I am wondering how any self respecting native , knowing history , embracing their culture , could possibly embrace modern christianity ? And I'm not trying to be mean , I'm just askin'. As native people we have our own ceremonies , and own beliefs.

" How will the answer help you in your spiritual development ?"

Well , I don't know that it will. I'm at an age that is pretty set in my ways , but with that said , my ways have changed a lot since my growing up immersed in christianity.I guess now I'm just trying to figure out how fellow C/As (and other natives) that claim to be christians , can justify those beliefs.

I think this subject stirs its own pot !
i know exactly what you mean @wardancer. as a little kid, i remember how my cousins always had new toys and new clothes. little did i know that it was because their parents had accepted the offerings from a local church and they were receiving "donations" as gifts to convert over to their form of religion.

my parents were not involved with them and we lived off the land with corn fields, melon patches, squash, horses, cattle and sheep to sustain our livelyhood.

that meant that as an older child, i had to work the fields and take care of the animals on a daily basis and have no time to play with new toys or worry about what i am wearing.

now, i look back and see what christianity was doing to my relatives.
xTekno is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook