View Single Post
Old 11-13-2014, 01:25 PM   #78
gilisi
Pow Wow Committee

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by solitare View Post
Now I am sooooo confused! I had no idea you were taking issue with "my statement." I thought you were taking issue with an issue. lol and that we were having a good discussion.

but now I am curious as to what you mean by this statement. I'm getting a little lost in the thought.

Besides, if the christian theories that defend Indians exist solely in "reputable seminaries" and they are only legitimized because they are "scholarly" where does that leave the rest of us?

I may need to rethink how I am reading it or maybe you could ask another way ?
I mean no disrespect. This thread is a lot to chew on LOL. Don't take it that I was taking issue with YOU. I'm still OK with a good discussion for what it's worth, but these questions have loomed for a long time for a lot of people. How else could my NDN grandad carve ornate carvings of the stations of the cross at a catholic church in Oakland, and yet refer to himself as the 'colonel of hell' when someone tried to preach to him? LOL

Regarding your curiosity:
Although I have respect for scholarly circles, I have never felt scholarly circles or collegiate theologies have come close to understand the NDN or represent his interests when it comes to spirituality. It was a response to your earlier statement.

"The fact that people believe that Christians believe that all non believers go to hell can be ascribed to the fact that this may be the loudest voice the world hears but the fact is that there are many different scholarly thoeries as to the issue of "Salvation" vs."Grace" and spiritual life after physical death.AND an important note on this issue is that the most reputable Seminaries teach them all. Not just one theory."

"Show me somethin"
gilisi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook