View Single Post
Old 12-17-2014, 10:21 AM   #1
LiathLeFey
Transcendental Walker

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
LiathLeFey is off the scaleLiathLeFey is off the scaleLiathLeFey is off the scaleLiathLeFey is off the scaleLiathLeFey is off the scaleLiathLeFey is off the scaleLiathLeFey is off the scaleLiathLeFey is off the scaleLiathLeFey is off the scaleLiathLeFey is off the scaleLiathLeFey is off the scale
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
A Question Concerning Offense

I have come across the issue of white people practicing Native American traditions being viewed as offensive. Is this really a widespread perspective?

I ask because I am beginning Shamanic training, and my mentor incorporate Lakota practices. He danced in the Sun Dance and he is white, and he was taught these practices by Lakota people. When I was a child I attended a Native American camp, lead by members of the Seneca and Mohawk. We were taught traditions, they really resonated with me and I want to further this exploration. I know that physically I am white, but my soul identifies with every race and I don't see race as a barrier. I am also interested in African tribal traditions, Buddhism, Shintoism, Hinduism and South American indigenous practices particularly of the Incans.

Well I want to pursue this with as much respect and honor as possible. I have no desire to offend anyone. I don't believe this will make me a Native American and I'm interested in getting involved with Native American activism, as I am getting involved with the #ICan'tBreathe movement.

Thoughts?
LiathLeFey is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook