View Single Post
Old 12-17-2014, 02:25 PM   #5
OLChemist
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Yes, it is a fairly widespread belief.

Why do you feel free to regard various cultures ways as a all-you-can-eat buffet? This I'll have a dab of Igbo Ọdinani, a spoonful of Zen, scoop of Vaishnavism, and slice of Lakota traditional religion approach is just more colonial privilege at play. Each of these belief systems are complete, all-encompasing worldviews. To mix and match violates the sanctity of each and shows a deep disbelief in reality of all.

My people's ways are for are my people. To be part of our system, you have to be part of our people. The Great Commission isn't a Lakota thing. I have never encountered a Native religion that provides a path to conversion.

Understand for 500+ years, our ways have been attacked, suppressed, punished and damn near erased. The lands have been taken, the languages silenced, the People broken and pushed to the edge of extinction. Now, you want to share our last refuge? You want us to give our last to save the world from your ways? Maybe you should find your own way to save yourselves. We are too busy preserving our own fragile communities.

Is this a friendly, nice kumbaya view, no. But look at the history from which it was born. Try to respect cultural boundaries, rather than helping yourself to our intellectual property.
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook