View Single Post
Old 12-17-2014, 07:00 PM   #13
Joe's Dad
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiathLeFey View Post
Not at all! I celebrate my own ancestry. I've been studying Celtic Druidry for a while now, I am particularly smitten with the Celts of Ireland, Britain, Wales and Scotland. I have also looked into Norse Traditions as well. I'm not vulturizing anything. That's a rather negative perspective to place on someone you don't even know. Are you suggesting we should each racially stick to our own ancestral culture and not value or celebrate the diversity in the world around us?
You asked for people's and they were given. You say there is negative perspective of someone I don't even know. You want to learn 'shamanic' ways. How can you even begin to feel what an NDN feels. It's like speaking multiple languages. You may speak a 2nd language, but it will be translated through your primary language. You can 'practice' other culture's ways, but can you truly know how it came to be from the ancestors. Wait. You said some white guy is going to teach you the ways. Are you really celebrating or valuing the 'ways', or are you vulturizing?

A young Irish man introduced me as his friend to a Navajo family. He told me the story of how he was invited to share in a wedding of one of the daughters of the family in the Navajo way. He celebrated and valued his experience, but did not come away as a Navajo ways expert to sell and show other non-natives. Do you think he could teach this experience in the 'Navajo way being Irish and all?

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook