View Single Post
Old 12-20-2014, 01:42 PM   #15
Zeke
Self-Righteous Injun

Items Treasure ChestPresentTreasure ChestPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by xTekno View Post

"He kind of revealed the truth - the true deep feeling of the federal government: 'Tribes, you can call yourselves sovereign nations, but when it comes down to the final test, you're not really sovereign because we still have plenary authority over you,'" Stago told The Associated Press.

U.S. Rep calls Apache 'wards of the federal government'
The concept of limited sovereignty has always been an oxymoron.

As simply as it can be put, whether we like it or not, Stago is RIGHT.

"Reservations" and/or grounds under the Forest Service are Federal Reserve Land, not "ours."

That's just life.

Knowing this -- and operating in a manner not tied to limiting thoughts related to such things -- doesn't make me an elitist, assimilist or an Apple, it makes me a realist.

If you don't own the land outright, it's not yours. And, in this country, even land you own can be annexed with serious enough need: you just have to be paid current value for it.

This isn't worth fighting over or worrying about.

Do I say this because I find it pleasing? No.

But such things shouldn't be new to anyone. In fact, they should be expected. This is the reservation system. Our social adherence to it due to an inability to socially grow and evolve is the problem.

Nobody makes us remain on reservations.
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook