View Single Post
Old 01-20-2015, 12:09 PM   #4
AmigoKumeyaay
On The Rocks

Items ElephantTreasure ChestPresentPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaa View Post
Hi there! I am Montana, 14 years old:)
I'm new to this site. I stumbled upon it while researching about powwows!:) Alright, so I have a question...
Are white people allowed to dance at powwows? I am 'white,' but my mom is native and I have my status card and tribal ID. I've always wanted to dance at a powwow, but I really am not wanting to offend anymore or look like a wannabe there! My mom was a powwow dancer when she was younger. I took after my dads side- blonde hair, but I have my moms face shape and eyes.
My grandma wanted me to, because she is known among the native community around here, but I am too worried.
Sorry if I offend anyone! I asked something like this on Yahoo and got attacked o.o

Best regards!
You are 14 years old? Welcome to the forum. Did you talk with your mom about the Yahoo
"attack"?

You say your mom is Native, and used to powwow.

You say that you've always wanted to dance powwow.

.....If your grandmother is known around the community, don't they also know YOU?

Don't you know any other teenagers that dance powwow? Your Cousins, or Aunties, uncles?

You list all these connections, but you call yourself "white". Hmmm....

What dance style would you dance? What drum groups you like?
AmigoKumeyaay is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook