View Single Post
Old 01-22-2015, 04:42 PM   #6
xTekno
Standing Rock

Items PresentDevilElephant
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misscorinne86 View Post
I saw this shirt the other day at a store, and shared on my instagram account why it was not cool. A friend genuinely did not understand how it was disrespectful. I explained that it was essentially dishonoring our elders who have done great deeds and made sacrifices to earn each eagle feather in their war bonnets. I also explained that it was comparable to seeing a person wear a Marine Corps Dress blue jacket, with regular slacks, just for the fashion of it. It is wearing an item of clothing or earned item that was NOT rightfully earned and it disrespects those that have put the proper effort forth and earned it.

He thought I was posting it because I was honored to see a shirt with Native culture on it.... I had to stop the conversation because he literally did not understand how it was offensive. I explained in so many ways but...you can't educate some I guess.
@Misscorinne86, you know, if you were to put a pair of glasses on you along with a similar bonnet, that image on the shirt could be you!
xTekno is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook