Old 03-28-2015, 12:14 AM   #1
92GTA
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
92GTA is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
New guy from CA

My name is Alex and I've come here because it seems to be the largest Native American forum.

Since I can remember I've always felt a deep connection with nature and the world around me. I'm here to learn what I can about Native American beliefs. It seems to be the only belief system I can truly relate to (an equilibrium with nature, an interdependence), I've felt drawn to it for a very long time now and I'm soon coming to a cross-roads in my life. I'm looking for someone to take me under their wing and teach me.

I didn't see a specific sub-forum for discussing beliefs/religion so I'm not sure where it would be appropriate to read/post/lean about the subject. I understand things can vary greatly from tribe to tribe, region to region, but there are certain consistences across many of them it seems. I've studied most non-Native American religions for more than a decade and none of them feel right to me. For example, I believe in reincarnation, have my entire life, but in a specific way that I just feel.

As an example, take this from an article I found online: "Plains Indians did not have a definite idea of a final afterworld. That is because they believed that reincarnation occurs to allow a soul to be “finished.” “If the soul does not become complete, dies too soon, or fails successfully to traverse a part of the path of life, then it will be sent back to live on this earth again until it completes the journey ‘in a good way." That is like absolutely exactly how I feel put into words. I know I have been reincarnated (not sure if this is my 2nd or 3rd time in this world) to find my true path in this universe, to fulfill an emptiness in my soul that I can't explain. To figure out what my soul still must do, if that makes sense to anyone.

If anyone could point me in the right direction so I can begin to find my way I would appreciate it.

Thank you!

Last edited by 92GTA; 03-28-2015 at 12:44 AM..
92GTA is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook