View Single Post
Old 06-05-2015, 12:28 PM   #3
wardancer
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calista2015 View Post
I am half Native American and half black and I am extremely interested in learning about my American Indian heritage but I heard of these religious people called the Hebrew Israelites and they claim that Blacks, American Indians and Spanish people are the chosen tribe of Israel and that all whites are devils and going to hell and will not be saved.

At first, I agreed with the blacks, American Indians and Spanish being the chosen tribe of Israel but the hatred of whites threw me a tad. I know whites put us American Indians in bondage and slavery in the history's past but I know a lot of American Indians who are friends with and associated with and are married to whites but according to black hebrew Israelites, whites are the enemy and should not be associated with period.

I wanted to find out do and if American Indians believe in the beliefs the Hebrew Israelite believe in and if not, what is the religion of the American Indians? Thank you
Greetings and Welcome to powwows.com ! This is a wonderful place to learn and ask questions about anything "powwow".
You say you are 1/2 native american. What tribe? I am 1/2 Southern Cheyenne & Arapaho. Our creation story says we came up out of the ground. Don't know how we could be Israelites ! We didn't come from Israel.LOL As I read your post I can only shake my head in dis-belief.....how old are you ? It sounds to me , that you have an incredible amount of racial bias !Hate is such a strong emotion !And speaking in general , ndns don't generally hate anybody. The only person in the world I "hate" would be my ex-wife (and for good reasons in my eyes), but as far as hating whites , I don't , otherwise I'd have to hate 1/2 of myself !
The discussion of religion here is not taken favorably. It causes a lot of ill will. There are over 500 different tribes and possibly an equal number of what some would call ndn religion ! Maybe more. I think you need to figure out who and what you are first , then learn as much about that as you can. Then seek out Elders of that group to learn from.
And remember this when discussing religion and referring to the bible : The Bible is a book , translated many times over by scholars that really didn't know the languages they were translating , based on scrolls found in caves. These scrolls were gathered together and made into a story book. Now some people (mostly organized religion) use this story by stating it is the "word of God" and use it to control the people , convincing them that their way is the only way and if you don't bend to their will you'll go to he**. They try to scare you into submission.
Most native peoples believe in a Creator or higher power. But we are not afraid of Him , He is our friend , protector , helper ,guardian , supporter, provider.Each tribe having it's own ways of living and honoring Him.
These are my thoughts , and I hope they give you a starting point. At least something to think about. Good luck

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
wardancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook