View Single Post
Old 06-05-2015, 06:06 PM   #12
wardancer
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLChemist View Post
I doubt this will be any better received than my last effort at civility and education, but hope springs eternal.

Take it easy. Remember you're on the internet. No one knows who you are. To my Dine and Creek friends you are an outsider. To my family you're an outsider. This was not meant to disparage you, but to remind you that we do not know you and you are in a very public place, discussing a sensitive matter.

Further, there predators and tricksters that will take advantage of the desperate, the gullible, the ignorant. For this reason alone asking about spiritual matters online is unwise.

As a Lakota, you then know the just how damaging appropriation can be. How do you feel when you see non-Indians holding Sun Dances? Does it make you mad to have others making an inadvertent mockery of our offerings by leaving their scraps at our sacred places? Do the pipes for sale in gift shops make you feel queasy? Many of us guard very carefully our traditions.

As a Lakota you know from whence you came. Hopefully, you have heard the stories. You can go to the very place.

Let me make a final suggestion, if you're going to go asking these types of questions back in SD, you'd best grow a thicker skin. You will be tested. You will be teased. That's what happens. Best learn to let it roll.

(* To those reading this thread, note this forum is moderated. So, replies are often made before every post in a thread is visible to the respondent. *)

No , she doesn't know any of that. And with her quick temper and attitude , I doubt she ever will.

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
wardancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook