View Single Post
Old 08-28-2015, 02:59 PM   #3
Amadahy
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Amadahy has a reputation beyond reputeAmadahy has a reputation beyond reputeAmadahy has a reputation beyond reputeAmadahy has a reputation beyond reputeAmadahy has a reputation beyond reputeAmadahy has a reputation beyond reputeAmadahy has a reputation beyond reputeAmadahy has a reputation beyond reputeAmadahy has a reputation beyond reputeAmadahy has a reputation beyond reputeAmadahy has a reputation beyond reputeAmadahy has a reputation beyond reputeAmadahy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by wardancer View Post
Welcome to powwows.com and good luck in your quest ! There are many knowledgeable folks on here and maybe some will help out !

So you identify as English ? (sorry , couldn't help myself ! )
You are a stinker... Love your signature.

Did you know the saying "blood is thicker than water " is completely misunderstood these days? The original saying meant that Blood - shed in battle together - bonds men tighter than the water of the womb...meaning those who fight and stand together are more brothers than brothers through birth. Food for thought.

I actually identify as American. My very German father says I am obviously the product of my mothers "fae" scottish and american Indian side...capricious, free thinking and "earthy"... But in the end Im not at all sure it matters. My sisters husband is black and Mexican. That makes my niece -...1/4 black, 1/4 Hispanic, 1/4 German and a 1/4 Scottish with a smidge of Caddo (maybe)...so what. Does she have to choose one. Can she embrace it all. Take from her past the parts the she allows to define her?

I think there is a huge difference between those who claim ancestry that is not theirs and those who make no such claims and are just passionate about a certain culture...even if genetically they are not apart of it.

Im actually working on a fictional Novel that has parts of this worked out.

My character is the daughter of a native american woman (alaska). Her father is not human - he is Fae. She is raised by her mothers husband (who is not her father) - apart from her mothers tribe. Her step father is a werewolf - but is not apart of a pack because he is the enforcer of pack law and as such, must live outside of the pack dynamic. Thus - she is native american - but not, she has no knowledge of her fae fathers culture, she is not apart of a pack...She has to define herself outside of these normal social constructs that define her.
Amadahy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook