View Single Post
Old 09-03-2015, 08:03 PM   #40
jack2011
Junior Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
jack2011 has a reputation beyond reputejack2011 has a reputation beyond reputejack2011 has a reputation beyond reputejack2011 has a reputation beyond reputejack2011 has a reputation beyond reputejack2011 has a reputation beyond reputejack2011 has a reputation beyond reputejack2011 has a reputation beyond reputejack2011 has a reputation beyond reputejack2011 has a reputation beyond reputejack2011 has a reputation beyond reputejack2011 has a reputation beyond reputejack2011 has a reputation beyond reputejack2011 has a reputation beyond reputejack2011 has a reputation beyond reputejack2011 has a reputation beyond reputejack2011 has a reputation beyond reputejack2011 has a reputation beyond reputejack2011 has a reputation beyond reputejack2011 has a reputation beyond reputejack2011 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Invisible Indians: Mixed-Blood Native Americans Who Are Not Enrolled in Federally Recognized Tribes - or -
Confessions of a mixed blood (wannabe), living the lie...

many unenrolled families thought it prudent to keep quiet about being of mixed blood. One family still thinks it prudent to keep quiet.

"I do not wish to be quoted as an unenrolled Indian," said Tanya (not her real name), who is culturally and socially active in her local area’s Native community. "Most of my friends, Indian and non-Indian, believe I am enrolled because I have the physical characteristics associated with Indian blood. No one questions me. I would not enjoy being looked at differently if others discovered my status. I wouldn’t want to jeopardize my standing, or that of my children for that matter."

Tanya is approximately half Indian from a well-known tribe in the eastern United States. Her indigenous and European ancestors intermarried.

"There are lots of jokes about the white people who dance in their odd outfits. Plus I am friends with some very conservative elders who believe that the traditional dances are just for Indians. While it makes me feel bad when I hear ‘wannabe’ and other such words, I realize my friends don’t understand that they are, in reality, talking about me."

moral: don't breed with whitey, blackie or asian. Don't be a wannabe. You either IS or you wannabe.

rt - the jew never did anything for the NDN

Last edited by Toolbox; 09-03-2015 at 09:39 PM.. Reason: Racial slur removed
jack2011 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook