Old 10-13-2015, 05:49 PM   #1
emilyryan
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
emilyryan is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Unhappy Lost my spirituality

Hi my name is Emily and I'm really not happy with my life. Nothing has really happened to me but I have diagnosed depression, anxiety, and bipolar. To be happy, I feel as if I need to get outside of myself.
When I was fifteen, I was sent to a wilderness camp in Utah where we lived off of the land and learned much about native american culture, even having our own versions of some of their ceremonies occasionally. When I went I was too bitter about being sent off to really appreciate the experience and too upset about hiking to learn anything. In short, I regret not fully taking part in the camp.
Since then I have lost my spirituality. I'm confused and I'm not sure What I believe anymore. I want to dive into rich, spiritual culture as a kind of self-medication. I need to connect with something again to feel, well anything. I guess my question is, is it possible for a non- native person to visit a reservation for a while as a sort of self-exploration? If not do you know of anything similar where I could immerse myself into something bigger than me? Any help you can give would be great! Thank you so much for your help!
emilyryan is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook