Thread: S'mores
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2015, 05:57 PM   #4
Amadahy
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Amadahy has a reputation beyond reputeAmadahy has a reputation beyond reputeAmadahy has a reputation beyond reputeAmadahy has a reputation beyond reputeAmadahy has a reputation beyond reputeAmadahy has a reputation beyond reputeAmadahy has a reputation beyond reputeAmadahy has a reputation beyond reputeAmadahy has a reputation beyond reputeAmadahy has a reputation beyond reputeAmadahy has a reputation beyond reputeAmadahy has a reputation beyond reputeAmadahy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Helicopter parents and depression

recent studies show that this generation completely crumble when they get to college. They suffer from depression and anxiety attacks. They cant function.

I had a long discussion with a friend about the difference between helicopter parents and envolved parents.

I am a scout master for my sons.

I do not help them build a shelter when we camp - I give them instructions and if they dont listen...well they sleep in something that falls on them - or better yet - it rains and they end up soaked (they where miserable because everything they had with them got wet - i was dry and comfortable)

You are so so so right. Failure can teach lessons an easy win never could. My kids do not get ribbons for participation. My youngest is a competitive gymnast who did not go to regionals this year...he wasnt good enough due to a mid compeition session injury.

Thats life kid - it happens.

I intent to have all three sons make eagle scout rank - but I will not do the work for them. If they fail, I will have provided them with the opportunity and the given them the tools they need to succeed - the rest is up to them. after all - it is their success - not mine.
Amadahy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook