View Single Post
Old 10-16-2015, 12:18 PM   #40
milehighsalute
Dances With Fat Chicks

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
milehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
milehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
i personally dont have a problem with white people at powwows as long as they STAY WHITE.....thats all

dance an intertribal, participate in round dance and compete in potato dance, buy some jewelry and eat you sum frybread and introduce us to your yummy white women

my problem is when they decide to become indians, or indian know-it-alls and make themselves some regalia

i know there are a few exceptions....maybe someone who grew up with em or whatever....i work with a guy from tulsa who's best friends and neighbors were pawnees on one side, an otoe family on the other and a ponca family across the street and grew up playing with all their kids and would spend the night, go on trips with them and all shed both tears and blood with them all......now he is about 40yrs old and he knows his boundaries and he probably been to more powwows and ate more ndn tacos than your average ndn....when his buddies from tulsa come visit him he gets really excited and shows up to powwows or ndn events with them......thats a good model for how all white people who find themselves in the "inner circle" should be

i live in denver.....i rarely see white people...contrary to popular belief this is a Hispanic town.....except for at work, white people always run the spots dont they?...its mostly a race war here between chicanos and mexicans (if you dont live in the sw united states i dont expect you to understand).........i pretty much experienced the same thing in reverse........i grew up as a chicano the minute i walked out the door to play with other kids....and why not? i have dark skin and a spanish surname so everyone thinks iam chicano anyways.....this allowed my cousin to apply for both ndn AND hispanic grants for her schooling so its not necessarily a bad thing

i got the best of both worlds and the worst of both worlds.....i know my place though and what lines not to cross and when im supposed to remain an ndn......any non-ndn no matter what the color should do the same at powwows

i know powwow is social, and not all that old of a tradition in the grand scheme of things.....but its STILL our "new tradition" and still OUR culture

no one else has the rights to it......besides all of em have hokey looking regalia

Last edited by Toolbox; 10-16-2015 at 01:10 PM..
milehighsalute is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook