Thread: Redhorse cafe
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2015, 08:52 AM   #43337
OLChemist
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by subeeds View Post
So is the jeweler's bench put together yet?
Yeap. Two days and a phone call to my handyman (because I needed to borrow a more powerful electric screwdriver) later, we got it together. I haven't got the flexshaft hanger mounted, but I'm not sure where I want it. Now, I've got to get the shiny newness off, LOL. Looks like a sissy's bench -- no dings, scratches, burns or weird stains.

I've got some new silica-free, water-soluble bobbing and polishing compounds to try. Rio's advertising broke me down. Against my better judgement I spent nearly $10 on a 1/2lb of a bobbing compound (regular brown bobbing cmpd ca. $3/lb at IJS). But, if I can clean it up with soap and water rather than automotive degreasers and the patina is even afterwards, then it will be worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subeeds View Post
Were the cats any help?
(As I type, Blueeye is trying to evolve opposable thumbs so she can open the treats cupboard.)

Funny you should ask. Olivia, the new three legged kitten, is spending a lot of time eyeing the catch tray: "A box! A box! I must enter it." The only saving grace is that with the missing front limb she is a careful jumper. She doesn't think she can make it. But when she is taller, I'm sure I'll find her covered in silver dust one day. However, during the assembly, when their "mommy" burst into a spate of profanity that would have made a Marine blush, they hid. They don't much like the sound of power tools -- a phobia I try to encourage since I have flexshafts, trim saws, and lapidary arbors around the house.
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook