Thread: Redhorse cafe
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2015, 09:35 AM   #43339
OLChemist
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
A couple of works in progress on ye old bench. I've been experimenting with the texturing technique that Mr Tsosie taught us. The pieces probably don't read well since they don't have a patina yet, which will make the rough parts dark.

The piece with the bail was trying to reproduce a motif I use in beadwork in silver. But it ended up looking like the embroidery on the edges of the textiles the Pueblo men make. To boot the overall shape echos southwestern petroglyphs. Not what I wanted. So, I'm at a loss with it. Soldered on a tube bail and left it.

The other is a insert for a belt buckle. I was really pushing the level of detail, I can get as a comparative novice with this technique. Not sure it works. The face is hard to read. Oh well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WIPNov2015.jpg (68.2 KB, 20 views)
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook