Thread: Redhorse cafe
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2016, 01:04 AM   #43439
subeeds
small bead addict

Items ElephantPresentDolphinRainbow
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLChemist View Post
Well, I sprang Jet Too Long Tail from kitty jail -- uh -- the vet. Poor little guy has a shaved spot on his neck and right front leg. I think the Orange Tail Gang, two his litter mates that live with a neighbor, were laughing. (They've always looked at him funny because he was a black cat in a litter of orange tabbies.) Cleo -- a huge, uppity seal point Siamese, that arrived this weekend with the new family a block over -- was very put out when he reclaimed my front porch (and his heated outdoor bed and water bowl).

Little Olivia, the three legged kitten, is recovering from her spay. She'll be out of the e-collar in a day or two. She has already resumed terrorizing the other two indoor cats.

Last night, I was in my room when I heard the distinctive sound of my very large, rather stocky adult male cat, Bucky, trying to make a series of tight, high speed turns on the hardwood floors. (Image the sound of claws scrapping frantically on wood and then the thump of a 17lb cat fishtailing into a wall.) He burst -- really slid -- into my room. His tail was stuck out like a bottle brush and his hackles were up. He dashed under the bed and glared out from under the dust ruffle.

I stepped into the hall, expecting to see that Va-Cuum, the dust sucking Son of Perdition, had grown legs. Instead I found 6 lb Olivia, hopping down the hall, the blue plastic cone around her neck dragging on the floor with each step. A wisp of white Bucky hair was stuck between the claws of her only front paw.
Having had several cats in my life I can just picture this. LOL!
We used to have a cat that did that -raced through the house. Once, we lived in a split level, and she would start at the bottom, and go all the way to the top, sounding like a small horse charging through the house. There were wrought iron railings on the stair landing, and one morning instead of hearing her go up the stairs and down the hall, we heard a loud "BBBBONNNNGGGGG". She failed to make the turn to the steps, hit the rail, and dislocated her jaw. My parents made me go to school and my dad dropped her at the vet on his way to work. Had her jaw wired shut for a couple of weeks, and after that, she was fine. Back to racing through the house, but she did much better at judging the turn after that.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.
subeeds is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook