Thread: Redhorse cafe
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2016, 12:49 PM   #43861
GoggenGH
Pow Wow Visitor

Items ElephantPresentDevil
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
GoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond repute
GoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
WOW!! Nice to see you again OLChemist!!!

First off all! My profound excuse to all of you who read my words as being a judgement! Yes, I had a dream of finding what you call the “romanticized Indian”, but I will not give up. I know some of you prefer to keep the old kind of way, but you are not willing to tell so here on this forum, which I understand.

Yes, it is true, I have changed a lot since I posted a few years ago. I reject more and more this modern way of life, and is looking for ways to simplify things, and be happy and greatful for what I have.
Yes, I have may be become a “wasicu” since we last meet, but I don’t think so myself. In any case, what you call me is not that important. What counts for me is to find the road I have been looking for through my life!

No, I’m NOT a missionary that wants to save your soul! I which these missionary had never existed!!!! I believe they have done more harm than good.

Yes, you are right, as a non-Indian, I have no right to judge any of you, but I just feel sorry for those of you who have accepted the white-man’s way of life, and rejected the knowledge and traditions of your ancestors. Yes again, I do NOT know your culture, but in looks more and more like our, and I thought your ancestors had another one. I may be wrong again, and if so, tell me.

No OLChemist, I have no desire to “battle” with you! You are a person of great knowledge, and I know your words will “kill” mine, so it would be silly to try to bet you!!! I just can’t accept that the white-man’s way of life is the correct one. If you can prove to me that it is, and that it will bring happiness and harmony to all living beings, I will “shut up!

I hope your people continue to pray and search for the good road to take. But if these prayers brings you to destructive actions toward another human being, an animal or Mother Natur, I ask you to pray harder!!!!

Yes, this is the knowledge I’m looking for, how to understand the animals or how to heal from the plants and so on. But this knowledge was not good enough against the sickness we (the white-man) brought you, as you had no experience with it before. In order to heal from it, you needed our medicine, and I’m greatful for that help, but if you had been given a change (the time) to find your own medicine, I’m sure you would have found it!!!

Yes, if I were in “South Dakota in January and trot outside the ol' tipi in a howling blizzard to urinate”, I’m sure I would be happy to be able to warm my feets and hands on a small gas-burner!!! I AM NOT AGAINST the technology in it’s self. But I want a GREEN one, not a destructive one!!!! Why not heat up your tipi with some electricity generated by the sun????

No, I should not have mentioned the feral cat!!! I not a hunter and is not willing to kill any animals!!! I’m happy you could save one, and by antibiotics!!! Talking about antibiotics, here in France, the doctors are no being payed if they can avoid using it!!!! It was consider as the miracle-medicine, used in any case, with the result that more and more virus are immune against it!!!!

Happiness does not come from happiness itself, but from the journey towards achieving it.
You can never be happy at the expense of the happiness of others.
GoggenGH is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook